GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
This position works in the field, for up to 15 weeks each academic semester, with our customer base of college students. Successful candidates will have strong people skills, be self-starters, & able to work with minimal supervision. Must be willing to travel extensively, have reliable automobile and valid driver’s license. This position is seasonal. We offer an excellent work environment, competitive pay & benefits and the opportunity for a rewarding career.
This position will be on call to perform duties as either a Photographer or Product Sales Representative on an as needed basis. When acting as a Photographer, the individual is responsible for fulfilling the job requirements of the photography position. Likewise, when acting as a Product Sales Representative, the individual is responsible for fulfilling the job requirements of product sales position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Maintain an “on call” status, defined as being available to be called to work on an as needed basis by the National Sales Manager. This retained individual must be ready, willing and able to work with a 48-hour notice of an assignment.
- When acting as a Photographer, the individual is responsible for the following:
- Take 4 to 5 photographs of each individual member of the contracted organization, meeting requisite posing, setup, and quality standards.
- Responsible for the custody and care of all photography equipment.
- Maintain a professional image and behave in a professional manner.
- When acting as a Product Sales Representative, the individual is responsible for the following:
- Acquire and demonstrate the knowledge, skills and abilities required for successful performance of the sales role at assigned levels or better, in accordance with company standards.
- Sell portrait packages and other company products to individual members of the contracted customer organization and collect appropriate deposits.
- Assist customers in choosing their desired pictures to appear on their composite.
- Sign continuing, extended, renewed, or new composite contracts with current customer base and new customers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of modern appropriate business communication writing style and use of basic office equipment.
- Associates degree in photography, arts, or business-related field or equivalent is preferred.
- Experience in a college social fraternity or sorority is desirable.
- Knowledge of basic computer operations is required.
- Must be able to travel up to 35 weeks each academic year.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Reliable automobile required.