JOB TITLE: Retoucher
REPORTS TO: Digital Services Manager
DEPARTMENT: Digital Services
STATUS: Full-time, Non-Exempt. Seasonal
LOCATION: Corporate Headquarters
PAY: Varies, depending upon experience & seniority
DATE PREPARED: December 2021
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Digitally retouch photographs using Photo Shop Software including glass glare, facial tone, background coloring and other adjustments as guided by Vantine photography standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
• Retouch composite and portrait photographs.
• Place images on new backgrounds as required.
• Create photographic CD’s as required.
• Update database as needed.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Proficient in using Photo Shop Software to edit student photographs.
• Ability to use proper judgment, as directed by Vantine photography standards, to make decisions about the final presentation of individual photographs.
• Ability to participate within and work within a group setting.
• Ability to participate in group meetings.
• Strong personal time management, organization and self-starting skills.
• Detail oriented.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• High School required.
• Knowledge of basic computer operations in an Apple environment.
• Knowledge of Photo Shop Software.
• Must be fluent in English.
Must be able to stand and walk for up to 65% of the work day.
Must be able to sit for up to 90% of the work day.
Must be able to work with a computer for up to 90% of the work day.
Must be able to use hands.
Must be able to reach with hands & arms.
Must be able to talk & hear.
Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs.
• Work is performed primarily in an office environment.
• Moderate noise level.
Close vision – must have clear vision at 20 inches or less.
Must be able to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus.
*Vision requirements may be achieved through the use of corrective lenses.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give such instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others.
• The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
• This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an at will relationship.
An employee who has supervised this position and an employee who has worked in this position have provided the above information.