REPORTS TO: National Marketing Manager (NMM)
STATUS: Full-time, Non-Exempt
LOCATION: Corporate Headquarters with some travel
PAY: Varies, depending on experience & seniority
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITLIES REQUIRED:
• Demonstrated creativity with adaptive design eye and skill.
• Stay current with software, trends, and best practices.
• Exceptional typographic skills with a keen attention to details.
• Work efficiently under tight deadline with ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism.
• Follow blogs, and other resources to make educated recommendations.
• Assist with marketing, advertising, and photography efforts for as needed.
• Establish effective working relationships with coworkers.
• Maintain a professional image and behave in a professional manner.
• Software: Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications including but not limited to Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and After Effects.
• Experience in both print and electronic media.
• In-depth knowledge of Generation Z likes and dislikes.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong project management/organization skills.
COMPUTER SKILLS REQUIRED:
Proficient in utilizing Apple based operating system & the MS Office Suite of products, Adobe Creative Cloud. Photography and copy-editing a plus.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
A minimum of associate’s degree in Graphic Design, required. Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Art and graphic Design Preferred.
Excellent knowledge of design software programs and Microsoft Office on an Apple computer platform preferred.
Experience with social media and mobile web technology.
Experience in advertising, marketing, or media environment a plus.
Member of social fraternity or sorority – a plus.
Work with a wide range of media and using graphic design software.
Thinking creatively and developing new design concepts, graphics and layouts.
Up-to-date knowledge to interpret our audiences (Gen-Z) needs.
Must be fluent in English.
DATE PREPARED: December 2021
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Design compelling visual graphics to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, and captivate our Greek Sorority and Fraternity audience. The successful candidate will have an intimate understanding of current design trends and typography skills that appeal to Gen-Zers. We work in a fast-paced environment, so the ideal candidate will be able to hit the ground running with a passion for all things Greek.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Create graphic solutions with high visual impact for segmented audiences. Layout and produce designs for both print and digital including animated gifs and video editing.
• Maintain website content, update text & images, and report google analytic page traffic.
• Stay relevant with trends, program functionalities and Adobe best practices.
• Support coordination and execution of national & regional conventions. Travel and conference attendance required.
• Develop conceptual ideas and presentations for seasonal and specialty projects.
• Contribute to product development, brainstorm with marketing, work efficiently under tight deadline.
• Assist in the development and execution of unique online campaigns, promotions, and other events to attract prospective customers.
• Research competitive “Gen Z” trends for new product ideas and make them our own as they pertain to our segmented customer groups.
• Design and produce other marketing collateral as necessary.
Graphic Designer, Job Description Continued
• Must be able to stand and walk for up to 25% of the work day
• Must be able to sit for up to 90% of the work day
• Must be able to work at a computer for up to 90% of the work day
• Must be able to use the telephone for up to 30% of the work day
• Must be able to use hands
• Must be able to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and/or stoop, kneel, crouch, climb stairs, or crawl.
• Must be able to talk & hear
• Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.